Thursday 21 June 2012

...every beat of my heart


Now, where did I get to? Oh yes, my heart, well my heart has always caused issues. Way back when I was 18 and training to be an aerobics instructor I wasn’t allowed to continue with the course until I had the all clear from a doctor after they discovered my resting heart rate was around 120 beats per minute. So, off I went to the doctor and then the hospital and was given an ECG, chest X-Ray, Stress test and a scan and they couldn’t find any problem other than the speed of the beats. Since then it has always been fast, it dropped a little when my thyroid was bad but generally it sits high. Each time I go to hospital it tends to be brought up and looked at briefly but generally without too much concern. However over the last 6 months or so it has been becoming very erratic, when I get ill with infection or whatever else it is all over the place and has been becoming a growing concern for the doctors. When I had the colonoscopy and experienced a high level of pain my heart rate went through the roof and of course they were worried. So when the doctor came to talk to me he ordered an ECG and the result was abnormal. They then got some other doctor to come and speak to me and he admitted me to the cardiac ward. Actually quite a scary thing to happen, I got hooked up to machines and was put on hourly obs. I was given the chat about how my illness has been putting such a strain on my heart, particularly with the level of anaemia I have been suffering for such a long period of time. They said I needed some tests and that I need to stay so stay I did. Of course nothing happened over the weekend and I just sat around in what felt like gods waiting room, I don’t think too many of those people were going to be with us for much longer and it was a pretty depressing place to be. So Monday came and things started happening and I was eventually allowed home Tuesday night, it felt like a long stay! So I was allowed out as long as I was ‘careful’ really this was not specific and so I think is open to interpretation! I have a clinic appointment on Friday so I’m guessing I will find out more then.  In the meantime, I not sure how worried I need to be so I’m going with not worried at all!
                                                                      
                                                                         My baby boy :)

On a more exciting note, today I bought a puppy :-D I can’t have a baby so this will be my surrogate child lol…. He is only 2 weeks old at the moment and so I have to wait 6 whole weeks before he can come home but I guess it is nice to have something to look forward to. He is a Springer Spaniel crossed with a Collie so should be clever but probably a bit hyper, should keep me busy. I have called him Wallace Thornton Esquire, Wally the sprollie for short lol. I have wanted my own dog since forever and have never been in a position to have one. Now I may be ill but I do have a lot of flexibility in my life at the moment so seems to be a good time really. If something does happen to me and I can no longer care for him, or I’m not around anymore my Mum will look after him so I can’t really see a reason to stop me. So happy and so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment